ELCO-Coupling half (configurable)
|Note||For more product details please select a variant!|
|Variants part 1 (material ID, SKU)|
NS--- 018 Part 1 (200554004), NS--- 036 Part 1 (200350616), NS--- 044 Part 1 (200547914),
|Variants part 2 (material ID, SKU)|
NSO-- 018 Part 2 (200554035), NSO-- 036 Part 2 (200350617), NSO-- 044 Part 2 (200547921),
|Variants W (material ID, SKU)|
WS---259 (200733760), WS--- 285 (200733761), WS--- 314 (200733762),
|Included||Coupling half (without transmitting element)|
ELCO Torsionally Flexible Coupling
The torsionally flexible ELCO-Coupling effectively absorbs shocks and suppresses vibrations which arise during operation. Moreover, it takes up radial and angular misalignments of the connected shafts and allows a certain amount of longitudinal displacements
Assembly of a correctly designed ELCO-Coupling ensures safe power transmission and provides general protection of the respective machine shafts against vibration damage.
The ELCO-Coupling has proved itself in tens of thousands of drives through its adaptable design and its accurate workmanship.
The ELCO-Coupling shows the following advantages:
- Torque and speed shock loads are diminished by the resili ence and damping effect of the compression sleeves.
- Torsional vibrations are effectively limited by a shifting of the natural frequencies of the system in areas which are not critical for the operating range.
- Torsional vibrations are effectively limited by the damping effect of the coupling when passing through the critical speed.
- Safe and reliable torque transfer results from the coupling bolt design and from the axial pre-loading of the compression sleeves.
- Radial and angular misalignments are compensated by the universal flexibility of the compression sleeves and by the ease with which they are deformed.
- Longitudinal displacements of the shafts are taken up by the ability of the compression sleeves to move slightly in the mating holes.
- Axial dismantling of the compression sleeves and coupling bolts is troublefree without any need for removing the coupling or for moving the connected units (for changing the sleeves or for test runs etc.)
- Machines can be aligned when the coupling bolts are not in position.
The ELCO-Coupling type N and W are used for the flexible connection of shafts.
The ELCO-Coupling type N consists essentially of the two coupling halves, flanges 1 and 2 and the transmission bolts (4), on which the rubber compression sleeves (5) are mounted.
The finely ground transmission bolts (4) are made of steel and are inserted with a specially close fit in the bores (3) of the half coupling, flange 2. They engage, with their axially pre-loaded compression sleeves, in the bores provided in the coupling half, flange 1.
The ELCO-Coupling type W is a complementary version of the well-known type N.
ELCO-Coupling type W consists of two identical coupling parts, each with transmitting bolts and compression sleeves arranged in alternate order.
Productkey for ELCO-Couplings
|Type||Coupling Material||Intermediate Ring||Bolt Design||Type of Compression Sleeve||Type of Compression Sleeve|
|Type N||G - Cast iron||Z - With intermediate ring||M - Solid||U - Modified rubber||018 - 329|
|Type W||K - Spheroidal cast iron||O - Without intermediate ring||H - Hollow||W - Nitrile rubber|
|Type B||S - Steel||X - Special designs||V - Chloroprene-polymeride|
|Type S||X - Special materials|
Example: ELCO-Coupling of standard design (N) made of steel (S), without(O) intermediate ring, with solid (M) bolts and (U) type compression sleeves. Coupling size 247 = NSOMU – 247.
Further designs or dimensions on request!